Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Craigslist for the Win: Patio Furniture!

Sam and I have been discussing updating our backyard. We have thrown around the idea of a deck, new patio, sectional furniture and then I lost my job, so that took a backseat.

Well last night Sam was looking online at patio furniture on Lowes.com and saw a few sets he liked. I mentioned to him that we should check Craigslist.com. He said something along the lines of he didn't want someone else's "used crap" but he looked on craigslist.com anyway and low and behold we found the SAME set from Lowes.com being sold in Appison:


The Lowe's price for this lovely set is $1,198 plus tax = $1,308.82. For patio furniture. This stuff is OUTRAGEOUS and I am not sure we could've/would've paid that at any point anyway. That is INSANE. 

So Sam texted the guy last night in the ad and we drove to Appison and met the really nice couple who are expecting a baby girl in September and needed the money to buy a crib. And it was only $650. 

That's 50.4% off. That is muuuuch better :)  {Did you see me my math skills there? Sam had to help me.}

And to make it even better,  the set had been inside, then moved recently to a covered porch and covered with blankets. It is pretty much brand new, with the manuals, screw covers, and the tags are still hanging on it:

That's me enjoying it in the lovely 40 degree weather -- warm weather, come back!

So blessed to find such a good and totally unexpected deal on AWESOME patio furniture that we were already looking at online! We are looking forward to planting some trees in the backyard for privacy and enjoying this patio set on the upcoming spring and summer evenings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment