Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mirror, Mirror

The half bathroom in our house is my bathroom -- meaning it's where I get ready and keep my curlers, make up, nail polish, all the junk that goes along with being a girl so that Sam can keep the full bath clean. We have been told that separate bathrooms save marriages and after living with someone now, I can see why they would say that (especially if one person is tidier than the other who is always in a rush and leaves things out).

So the half bath has been through some transformations (I will eventually dig out the old pictures of when it was colonial blue when Sam bought the house), but the most recent transformation was inexpensive (yay!) and made a BIG difference (bigger yay!).

It was a new mirror. The bathroom is tricky because the wall the mirror is one is only 22" wide because it's kinda in an alcove. So it's really hard to find mirrors to fit that space that are "pretty". Lowe's had some that were just a few inches wider but we didn't want to break the frame off, and they were $100+ so that was out of the question. We like the look for less. The original white mirror looked great when there was a white pedestal sink under it, but after Sam put in the vanity, I decided I was going to paint it, or try to find one that matched the vanity.

Yesterday I was at Hobby Lobby with my friend helping her pick out baby blanket materials and it was POURING. So we decided to kill time in HL before getting lunch. We wandered over to the mirrors and there it was. A beautifully framed, oval mirror, in black with brown brushed look, right next to those glorious 50% off signs. I looked at the measurements and it was 21" wide. A miracle, for sure. So I bought it. for $35. Yes people, Hobby Lobby is amazing.

This morning Sam got wire on his way home from work, and hung it for me after breakfast. Check out the transformation (sorry, iPhone pics):

mirrorBA

I feel like the pictures don't really do it justice -- it just looks so finished, fancy, and elegant now! It's amazing what a difference a matching (and inexpensive) mirror can make!

And what happened to the old mirror? It found a new home in the dressing room! :)

So blessed to find such a great bargain when I wasn't really looking for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment