Sunday, March 3, 2013

While I'm Waiting

New blog, new header, new name & address, new everything! (New background in progress)

This is reflective of my actual life right now. I am transitioning into the "looking for a new job" phase of life. A new phase. When I found out my old job was being eliminated, I panicked. But now that it's here and it's Sunday night and I don't have to go to work tomorrow, I am thankful. 

This is a time in my life to relax, rest, get better. Do things at home that I haven't had time to (more laundry, more curtains), spend more time with my precious husband and family, and get back to basics and pick up some freelance work. This is an opportunity, while I am waiting, to grow closer to the Lord during this season, and to share that with others. 

I told Sam tonight that I was going to pick up so much freelance work and be such a happy stress-less person (aka the old Vanessa), that he wouldn't want me to go back to "real work".

I was only partly joking. :) Who knows, maybe I am supposed to freelance for the rest of my time, or maybe I am supposed to take another corporate job.
Whatever I am supposed to do, I am not going to worry about it. I am trusting in God's plan, His perfect timing, and blooming where I am planted.
Right here. Working from home. Happy.

And that song from Fireproof keeps playing in my head - "While I'm waiting, I will serve You..."


No comments:

Post a Comment