Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sew Cute: Custom Onesies!

Sewing is one of my favorite things to do. I sew curtains, bags, clothes, house stuff, geeky stuff, anything! I have been sewing since I was probably 8 years old -- my Mom and Grandmother both sew, too, so I get it honest I guess. When I was a kid I used to make vests to wear to school and that's how my mom started teaching me to sew. Then I progressed to purses in middle school, that I sold to my friends for $10. :)

Lately, I have been making SUPER cute custom onesies for all of my friends that are having babies!! This is a good outlet for me because I can make cute things for their babies, love on their babies, but not have to have one of my own right now... ;)

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

These were for my new nephew, Miller! There are two ties (sock monkey one is my FAVE), an initial M (in chevron and sock monkey), and an embroidered and monogrammed initial M! Sarah said he needed long sleeve onesies so Aunt Nessa made some! Or customized them, really.

I also made matching "lil bro" and "big bro" shirts buuuut having some issues with the insides of the o's on "bro" so eventually I will finish those (they are in the chevron).

And I also made this Lily Pulitzer-inspired onesie was for my sweet friend Liz and her new baby girl, Claire!

Untitled

I have to admit, I have more pink in my fabric stockpile than "boy stuff" so I had to go buy the chevron and sock monkey... but I love opening my drawer and seeing it! The prints are so cute! :)

Next up on the sewing table is organize the closet first! Then laundry room curtains and another office curtain for Sam. I am very thankful to have this time at home to work on these projects I would have otherwise had to make time in a too-tight-schedule to do.

Still adjusting to this new life, but definitely still blessed!

2 comments:

  1. You know I love the Miller onesies, but OH MY WORD!! The C one is ADORABLE!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make you one!! Have a baby girl, already! :)

    ReplyDelete