Thursday, March 14, 2013

Graceful

Since Sam has transitioned out of the youth program as Assistant Director to go to law school, I have been missing those kids like crazy! It was nice in the beginning to have Wednesdays and Sundays back, but, after a little break, and after seeing lots of kiddos in church that kept saying, "When are you coming backkkk?? Ughhhh!!!" and after much prayer, I decided to go talk to the new youth director about getting involved again.

God makes divine appointments.

The day I talked to Rebekah, I left with a book that another girl had pitched to her about studying with the girls but didn't want to do it alone. Fast forward a month later and we three are eating lunch and discussing what this study should look like, when it should be, who should come, etc. And here's what we got:



Every Wednesday, Kristy and I facilitate the discussion of Emily Freeman's book, Graceful. We meet at my house and it's awesome. Kristy and Rebekah got the books and Kristy made bookmarks with our contact info and schedule on it! Genius!

Our first meeting we made bracelets to remind us that this group is the "circle of trust" and that what is mentioned in the group stays there. I hope that the bracelets really do remind them :) The next weeks we have been following the leader guide that is on Emily's website and we discuss two chapters a week.

I absolutely love this book, Kristy, and the girls. I am so thankful for this weekly gathering of Godly girls and they have no clue how much they mean to me. And what's really neat is that even though this book is written for 14-18 year olds, it really hits home with me in a lot of the chapters. More on that in a later post, though. :)

How has God been blessing you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment