Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sewing Room: Closet Redo

Our Guest Room has actually become the "sewing room/Vanessa's office" with this work transition.

My "office" was actually in the closet with a table and kept the room pretty clean and clutter free, but now that I will be working in my "office" a lot more, I didn't feel like sitting in a closet all day, so I moved it out on to the empty wall where the ironing board usually lives (you can see the very edge of my workspace on the left):


Yes, that is an Elphaba doll next to my sewing machine :) And no, I haven't made curtains for this room yet. That's on the to-do list.

So after I moved my office out of the closet that left a huge gapping hole to pile junk into. I then made an even bigger mess and re-organized the chest of drawers, under bed storage, and sewing cabinet, and made my ultimate cute craft closet. The shelving unit was on sale at Target (Thank you, Lord!) and the wire baskets came form there too -- they hold scraps and trim. I also have a light on the ceiling and a small stacked bubble lamp and a bulletin board in there. A lot of the "decor" is from my office and will go to my new job.




I am suuuper thrilled with the results and very thankful for the extra (and organized!) storage space. The covered boxes keep patterns, yarn, and extra blanks together, and I am in love with the cubbies with the fabric folded and facing out. The small shelf in the corner is great to store things in the back I don't use a lot (like books I can't part with) and the outer corners are great for things I use often like the camera and iron.

I think what I love most about this closet is that it reminds me of my closet I grew up with when my family lived in Athens, Tennessee. I had the mac daddy of all walk in closets and had "cubbies" that fit laundry baskets. My Mom and Dad are geniuses and it was the coolest closet EVER. I think this new craft closet is a much smaller (and more organized) version and it reminds of being a kid, and inspires me to create as an adult, and I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment