Saturday, March 16, 2013

Project Life: 2013

Kristy (that leads the high school girls small group with me) has gotten me hooked a new addiction: Project Life. Here's a short video on what exactly it is.


Basically it's scrapbooking without the mess, the expensive embellishments, major time commitment, and it's EASY. And pretty.

What's even more awesome about it is that it's not super time consuming AND if you have graphic design background, you can make your own cards to go in the pages!

So I ordered the Seafoam Green kit thinking I would scrapbook "Our first married year" (anniversary in a month and a half BTW) and decided  would just start with 2013 and do one annually. I had the old blog to remember our first married year and pre-marriage.

This is out of the box condition :) {Seafoam Edition} And Zoe.  These "editions" mean the color you pick -- so the binder color coordinates with the core kit. You don't HAVE to do it this way, but if you are OCD like I am, you get everything that matches.

Pictured: Seafoam 12x12 binder, insert pages (more like sleeves), and Project Life Core Kit.


Closeup on the PL Core Kit:

Core Kit is really a box of cards that go in the sleeves. You write memories on them (short), things you don't want to forget, or integrate them in as part of your full design.


And here is my first page (no pictures, yet):


I are really excited to get started. I have a lot of things I want to include from January-March, and need to go ahead and start printing pictures. Another neat thing about PL is that they encourage you to print pictures weekly and have them mailed to you, so you can just stick them in your binder. You can even get rounded edges like the PL core kit cards.

And as with most things, you can find other products with these cards that are seasonal-themed, free printables on Pinterest, or make your own!

I am suuuper excited about this ongoing project and hoping that I can hang in there with it. I know one day I will be glad to look back and remember the little things. To help hold me accountable, I will be posting updates biweekly (maybe weekly? I don't want to be too ambitious) with some of my layouts.

So are you excited and ready to get hooked? Buy it now and let's start documenting life better than we have been. :) 

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea!

    I print my blog in book form every year and I have yearbooks for every year we've been married. I absolutely love them! All I have to do is blog like I normally would and all my memories are all there at the end of the year!

    Let me know if you're ever interested in the website I use!

    ReplyDelete