Thursday, March 21, 2013

Time flies

...when you are unemployed.

After my previous position at SunTrust was eliminated, I knew I would go on to something bigger and better. I didn't know where that would be, and to be honest, I was nervous. Yes, I got an 8-week severance, but what if I didn't get a job after 8 weeks? What was I going to do at home all that time? How was I going to keep from getting depressed from not having a job {because I realized my old job was way too much of my identity}?

And all that time it was a big 'ole test of faith. Another link in my TESTimony. There was no reason to worry, God has a plan (I knew that) but I kept saying, "sometimes we just wish we knew what it was!"

Well I found out on Monday.

Last Thursday I was officially offered the position of Marketing Manager for a large surgical practice. To be honest, I didn't think it was a good fit for two reasons. But after attempting to decline the position with the HR lady, I got roped into another meeting with her and the CEO on Monday.

When Monday rolled around I went to Erlanger to meet with them. I wasn't nervous at all and had a sense of peace and calmness. I also had a list of 25 questions. :) We worked through my list and they answered those plus more, and made it very clear they wanted me and after talking with them that day, I walked away very sure of what my decision was (but had to pray {more} about it and talk it over with Sam that afternoon).

So after Sam finally got home to drive to Nashville for school, we discussed it, and I called the HR lady and my new boss (the Practice CEO) to confirm that I did want to join their team.
I have never been this excited about a job. It feels so good to have a company that can't wait for you to start, tells you that they desperately want you, values what you do and the talents that you have, and makes sure that you have the tools that you need to succeed. 
PRAISE BE TO GOD. I am truly blessed and can't wait to start this new adventure on Monday, March 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment